I love to read. And depending on how much I have going on in my life at the time, you may find in me in the middle of one...or three books.
If you're looking for something fun to read here's what I am in the process of/just finished reading and some of my all-time favorites!
- Gone Girl - I'm in the process of listening to this in the car. I read it right when it came out a few years ago and am trying to finish it before I see the movie (Which I'm patiently waiting to see until my husband is done with his crazy week of school. Sigh.)
- The One and Only - I really want to like this book, because I love Emily Giffin, but I'm just not feeling it - and I've obviously finished and started multiple books since I started this one if that tells you anything.
- The Invention of Wings (Friend Book Club pick November) - Haven't started yet, but will let you know how it is! If you've read it, how did you like it?
- The Ashford Affair (JLC Book Club pick October) - Super quick read and I really enjoyed it. I really like this author also! I've read her Pink Carnation series, which you might like if you love mysteries!
- This is Where I Leave You (JLC Book Club pick September) - Quick read again! As you'd expect, the book is a lot better than the movie. There were kind of mixed feelings about it at book club, as a lot of people thought it didn't portray women right? I didn't feel like that, but judge for yourself.
- Gone Girl - If you haven't read it yet, pick it up immediately.
- Pride and Prejudice - Because I'm a girl.
- What Alice Forgot - I usually like all of this Liane Moriarty's books but this is my favorite and one I'm constantly telling people to read. A woman falls off her bike during spin class and loses all of her memory for the past 15 some years.
- Rules of Civility - My friend let me borrow this book, which I packed to take with me to Charleston and proceeded to forget about for a year. When I came across it when pulling out my pool bag I felt like I had to read it before I gave it back to feel less guilty about being such a bad book borrower. Why did I wait a year? I loved it.
- The Help - Even if you've seen the movie you should read the book, the writing is just so good.
- Split Ends - I can't tell you how many times I literally laughed out loud while reading this book.
- Savannah from Savannah series - The main character loves McDonald's Coke so much her dad installs a machine at his store. Enough said.
- Something Borrowed - I feel like Emily Giffin writes smart girl chick-lit, if that's such a thing, and I love me some chick-lit.
- 7 - I wish Jen Hatmaker was one of my best friends.
So, not the most literary of book lists, but I read for pleasure and these all give me great pleasure. What's your favorite book??